10 videos of
Sound Forge Pro
The purpose of this training is to show lubricant distributors the best practices for delivering lubricants to the customer. Occasionally, the client would receive reports indicating that errors in the delivery process resulted in pumping the wrong oil in storage tanks, leading to cross contamination at the customer site. When this happens, the entire customer tank must be drained, flushed, and replaced with the correct product. These errors can cost thousands of dollars in wasted oil and downtime.
The client approached me to build a video training based on common scenarios that could lead to delivery error. I was responsible for all aspects of the training from developing the scenarios, filming the scenes at the distributor site, editing the videos, recording the narration, and developing the eLearn.
The training is based on four common scenarios that could lead to delivery error. I designed the training so that each scenario consisted of two videos; the first video presented the problem and the second video presented the solution. The learners would watch the first video and would then determine how the character in the video should proceed via knowledge checks. After completing the knowledge checks, the learners would watch the second video that presents the solution.
The eLearn consists of 10 videos, internal knowledge checks, and a final quiz.
The videos were filmed at a distributor site, and the distributor drivers served as "actors" for each scenario. Our "film crew" consisted of me (the director) and a videographer. We had one day to shoot all four scenarios and b-roll for the introduction and summary videos.
Everyone had fun filming the scenarios, and I learned some valuable lessons that I have applied to other video shoots (e.g., make sure to film extra b-roll). Stay tuned for an upcoming blog post about my filming experiences.
The eLearn development involved extensive video editing, sorting through hundreds of clips, and assembling them to create each scenario. I also wrote and recorded the narration for the scenarios and the introduction and summary videos. I used Premiere Pro to edit the videos, After Effects to add graphics, and Storyline 360 to build the eLearn. Since this eLearn contained several videos, I had to experiment with video compression settings to manage the size of the Storyline file.
This training was very well received, and I was called back the following year to produce an additional video training for the distributors on a related topic - Change of Service.